Monday, January 14, 2008

New Year's Resolutions


New Year's Resolutions
I will:
Take one of those Paris walking tours put, no matter how boring I fear that it may turn out to be (my expat friends tell me that I am crazy not to have attended one yet but come on, can I enjoy it without thinking of the kids.
Watching to French television shows instead of English shows (I may have to kill off this resolution, first of all because I still can't understand everything in French, secondly because I really don't have the time to watch television).
Resist having my petit dejeuner (breakfast of hot chocolate and croissants) every day, thereby saving about 30 euro per month (then again, I'm only in Paris until....).
No longer purchase outfits for the Juliette (she currently has a wardrobe that any 16-year old girl would envy). I just love the clothes here!!
Wear high heels, jewellry and fur trimmed coat when I fetch Juliette from school every morning, such that staff and parents no longer assume that I am scruffy and unfeminine anglo-saxon mommy but instead just like the other elegant and sexy French moms (of course, then they hear me talk...). I really will have to kill off this resolution, too since I won't even have time to take a shower when the baby comes and how can the French women wear high heels on cobblestones?
Follow the American presidential election, firstly because, after all, it is history in the making and secondly, so that I will have some other subject to bring up when I become bored at one of our dinner parties that we host.
This might be my last entry blog as the new baby will keep me busy. I will now use facebook as it is easier to upload pictures and my expat friends can also keep up with me (knowing that we will move sometime this year). If you want to join facebook, just go to their website. Here are some pictures of us when we visited Chicago and Charlotte for the holidays!!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=16757&l=e6f55&id=537757882

No comments: